Monday 4 February 2013

Fairies...cont.



These little fairies I created for my three brand new nieces.

All of their outfits were fashioned out of silk flower petals.
Their wings are made of Cellophane, wire and gallery glass.
The seats they are sitting on were made from pieces of gumtree and given a coat of estapol (varnish).
Their bases I covered in fleecy material to give it a grassy look and then  scattered it with flowers and tiny wood chips to give it an overall appearance of a forest floor.
Lisbeth and Charlotte Rose  both had brown eyes which I changed to blue because all three nieces had blue eyes.











'LISBETH'












                 
                                                                                                        






     'CHARLOTTE ROSE'



















'ZOE JADE' 











All of my fairies wear ballet slippers and when finished I place them into glass display cases for protection.


No comments:

Post a Comment