Friday 1 February 2013

My Indian Princess


                                                         This is 'JASMINE'

       'JASMINE'S'  hair is really long and wavy which I straightened,  has gold streaks and the face I needed to make my Indian lady.   I pierced her ears,  made her earrings and matching necklace.  To give some authenticity I place the little red dot on her forehead which is call 'BINDI" and has a multitude of meanings.  I did that with fabric glitter paint which I find is great for effect.'  
        Just for fun placed a dot on the side of  her nose to make it look like it has been pierced and a dot in her belly button.   Her lips were very pale at the start of the transformation and were enhanced by repainting them. Imagined her in a traditional  'SARI' which I found out all about from the Internet.  Looked up other Barbie dolls in Indian dress, checked out 'how to wear a Sari, how to put one on.  O.M.G. (as they say).  I could dress anyone in a Sari in 15 minutes, but put one on a doll , (Oh My Giddy Aunt) it took me ages to get it right.  She almost ended up in the river (lol) but patience prevailed. 


      The amount of material needed for a 'SARI' on a real person is between six(6)mts and nine(9)mts in length.  Working out the ratio for a doll is or can be quite frustrating.  I designed a little crop top which is made of satin as is her petticoat.  The amount of time I spent on her outfit got me close to giving up but (nope) I didn't and here she is.




**********

    

1 comment:

  1. So, how long did your doll's sari need to be? I'm trying to make one for one of my fashion dolls.

    ReplyDelete